TruDefender FT and TruDefender FTi
Thermo Scientific TruDefender FT is a handheld FTIR system designed to analyze and identify unknown chemical substances directly in the hazard zone. The TruDefender® FTi adds to this core functionality by providing a direct link to incident command or reachback support through embedded mobile phone technology. Using industry-proven FTIR technology, TruDefender FT and TruDefender FTi complement the FirstDefender product line to maximize in-the-field coverage of an even broader range of unknown chemicals.
TruDefender analyzers are designed for use by first responders, hazmat teams, homeland security, military and law enforcement personnel. Key features of these handheld FTIR spectrometers include:
- Designed for use in the hotzone. Lightweight and fully decon-capable analyzers that can be taken directly to an unknown substance in the hotzone.
- Fast, accurate analysis you can act on. Results returned in seconds paired with full safety and treatment information.
- Embedded mobile phone technology. Send results via e-mail or SMS text directly from the hotzone with TruDefender FTi.
- Automatic mixture analysis. Enhances substance identification capability and eliminates the need for subtraction of spectra.
- Easy to use. Intuitive menu-driven user interface for fast training and proficiency.
- Easy maintenance. TruDefender analyzers are self-contained FTIR units that require no scheduled maintenance or calibration, and use no consumables.
- Flexible power source. Power through included rechargeable battery; wall plug; or commonly available SureFireTM disposable batteries.
|TruDefender FT||TruDefender FTi|
|Weight||2.9 lb (1.3 kg)||3.4 lb (1.5 kg)|
|Size||7.7 x 4.4 x 2.1 in
(19.6 x 11.2 x 5.3 cm)
|7.7 x 4.4 x 2.4 in
(19.6 x 11.2 x 6.1 cm)
|Spectral Range||4,000cm-1 to 650cm-1|
|Collection Optics||Solid Diamond Crystal ATR|
|Operating Frequencies||N/A||Quad band GSM - 650MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz, 1900MHz|
|Survivability||Independently tested for MIL-STD-810G and IP67 certification|
|Data Export Formats||SPC file (for use in standard spectroscopic software), text file, or JPEG report||SPC file, text file, or JPEG report; downloadable or send via SMS text, e-mail or direct to reachback|
|Battery||Removeable and rechargeable lithium ion battery or 123a (e.g. Surefire™) batteries; >4 hours operation|
|External Power Supply||Wall plug transformer 100-240VAC 50/60Hz|
|Operating Temperature||-4 °F to +104 °F (-20 °C to +40 °C)|
|Language Configurations (Optional)||English, Arabic, Chinese and Japanese||English|
MIL-STD 810G Testing
TruDefender analyzers are certified to MIL-STD 810G specifications for ruggedness, including
- Operation in extreme temperatures
- Temperature and functional shock
- Sand and Dust
Contact us for test certification.