The Thermo Scientific TruNarc analyzer is a handheld Raman system for rapid identification of suspected narcotics, without direct contact for most samples. A single test for multiple controlled substances provides narcotics officers with clear, definitive results for presumptive identification with no user interpretation. Lightweight and easy to use, the TruNarc™ device delivers fast and accurate narcotics analysis anywhere it's needed.
TruNarc: Got a drug problem? Watch the TruNarc video to learn more.
With the TruNarc instrument, the accuracy and reliability of a narcotics lab are available anywhere you go. Narcotics, stimulants, depressants, hallucinogens and analgesics are all easily identified using lab-proven Raman spectroscopy.
- Single test, multiple narcotics. Identifies dozens of different narcotics in a single test, saving time and money.
- Easy to use. Provides clear, definitive results which require no user interpretation.
- Broad analysis capability. Analyze key drugs of abuse as well as common cutting agents, precursors and emerging threats such as synthetic cathinones ("bath salts").
- Non-destructive, non-contact sampling. Scan directly through plastic or glass to minimize contamination, reduce exposure and preserve evidence.
- Automated data storage and report generation. Captures all scan results and self check results to help expedite prosecution.
- Computer admin. TruNarc Admin software captures all scan results including time and date stamp.
TruNarc Results Comparison
A study was conducted comparing TruNarc analysis to laboratory-certified results of street samples of cocaine, oxycodone and methamphetamine. The testing found zero false positives and between 80 to 100 percent true positive results. Results that were not in agreement were related to detection threshold limitations. Contact us to obtain the full test report.
Raman spectroscopy is a highly precise and selective optical technique and is accepted by the Scientific Working Group for the Analysis of Seized Drugs (SWGDRUG) as a Category A analytical technique. Visit www.SWGDRUG.org or read the recommendation document to learn more.
Contact Us for more information.